Program of Work
Charlotte, along with the Charlotte Region, is the best place to run a business and to live.
The Charlotte Chamber creates competitive advantage by growing the economy, advocating for pro-business public policies, and delivering innovative programs and services.
2014 Program of Work
With its mission in mind, the chamber develops a Program of Work each year. The Program of Work is essentially a list of specific, strategic goals to accomplish over the coming year. It is developed using input from members through an annual survey, the annual Board of Advisors retreat and the Executive Committee. Here are our goals for 2014.
Growing the Economy
- Attract new companies to Charlotte-Mecklenburg, and celebrate and promote existing businesses with expansions.
- Use Charlotte’s international business assets to recruit companies from Europe and Asia.
- Leverage Charlotte’s position as a center for health care and life science companies.
- Develop a virtual marketing and communication strategy around Charlotte’s target industry sectors.
- Develop a strategy to engage Generation Y and Next-Gen members in the economic development process.
Advocating Pro-Business Public Policies
- Continue implementing strategies for improving the “blue city in a red state” relationship.
- Plan and implement major events to engage members in growth industries and policy issues.
- Work with the city to manage 2014 bond campaign.
- Continue development of successful GreenWorks, Healthy Charlotte Council and Manufacturers Council engagement.
- Advocate at all levels of government on issues that affect the cost of doing business, the ease of doing business and the quality of life in Charlotte.
- Continue supporting public school reform and business involvement in our schools.
Delivering Innovative Programs and Services
- Continue to support the Charlotte Minority Economic Development Initiative (CMEDI).
- Expand talent development, recruitment and retention efforts for diverse, emerging leaders.
- Support and grow the seven chapters across the geographic business sectors.
- Launch a program series to engage and empower women business leaders.
- Provide unique networking and programming for board-level members.
- Promote a new mobile app designed to drive business to chamber members.
- Help brand Charlotte as a healthy community.
Running the Chamber Effectively
- Conduct a successful Total Revenue Campaign.
- Attract and retain new members to the chamber.
- Ensure strong fiscal and operational management.
- Keep the chamber on strong financial ground.
View the Charlotte Chamber Annual Report here >>