University City Chapter Program of Work
Ashley Oster, Chair
The Charlotte Chamber University City Chapter will provide area businesses with a competitive advantage by connecting them with resources that promote sustainability and growth.
Goals & Strategies
We will achieve our mission by focusing on the following goals & strategies:
- Support University City branding efforts via increased awareness, programming, public relations, and partnerships.
Identify collaboration and partnership opportunities with area constituents including UNCC, CPCC, CMS Governor’s Village, University City Partners, NE Coalition, appropriate Chamber Chapters, City of and Charlotte Business Advisory Council.
Provide timely and relevant programming to engage the University City members in topics that are important to our community and the Charlotte Chamber’s Program of Work.
Grow membership per the direction of the Charlotte Chamber’s sales liaison, increase board involvement, and ensure financial health of the University Chapter.
- Action Item: Partner with UCP to extend branding efforts to University Chapter members
- Action Item: Ensure UC Kiosk is appropriately positioned and well stocked with materials that support University Chapter priorities
- Action Item: Host Charlotte Chamber Executive Committee Meeting in 2011 (Ashley Oster)
- Action Item: Balance board representation to include diverse mix of small/medium business owners, large corporations, young professionals and public service sector.
- Action Item: Chapter Chair or designee to attend Chamber Board of Advisor quarterly meetings (Ashley Oster)
- Action Item: Chapter Chair and 1st Vice Chair or 2nd Vice Chair to participate in monthly meetings with volunteers and designated staff members (Ashley Oster and Paul Petr)
- Action Item: Attract new members and retain existing members as directed by Charlotte Chamber and provide new member leads to Charlotte Chamber assigned sales associate
- Action Item: Secure monthly sponsors at membership luncheons with goal of $3,300 and Signature event(s) and net $5,190
For questions, please contact Cherise Walker at email@example.com