The Rotary Club of Charlotte, the Charlotte Chamber and The Charlotte Business Journal are joining forces in the search for the 25th winner of the Excellence in Leadership Award. This year's presentation will be made on January 22, 2013 at Myers Park Country Club.
Nominees should exhibit outstanding qualities within their profession and in their role as a leader. Criteria to consider includes:
- Fairness in working with all employees
- Visionary leadership
- Consistency in judgment and decisions
- Flexibility to apply policy in an appropriate manner
- Knowledge of work skills and company operations
- Perceptiveness of employee and customer needs
- Sharing of values and knowledge
- Fostering relationships among employees and departments
- Communicating goals effectively
- Commitment to excellence
- Continuing improvement/achievement
- Community involvement
To nominate an individual, send us your thoughts on a one page typed 8 ½” X 11” sheet. Explain why you feel he/she should receive this recognition and include a brief biographical sketch.
Email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 841 Baxter Street, Ste 118, Charlotte, NC 28202.
The deadline for nominees is December 10, 2012.