Land Use Committee
Chair: Keith MacVean, Moore & Van Allen
Focus: The committee meets with city and county officials to review policies and procedures affecting development in our community and to promote a well-planned transportation infrastructure for the Charlotte region.
Membership: Members are developers, lawyers, architects, engineers and other entities involved in real estate development. As in all Public Policy Committees, membership is open to anybody who is an active Chamber member.
Meeting Dates: Last Wednesday of every other month at 8 am at the Charlotte Chamber. Exceptions: June 19, December 18.
Past Agenda Items:
- January 25, 2012: Jim Prosser from the Centralina Council of Governments presented an update on the CONNECT Consortium and the HUD Planning Grant.
- February 29: Debra Campbell, Planning Director of the City of Charlotte, presentation on Inclusionary Zoning proposals.
- March 28: Danny Rogers from Charlotte and Transit System presented an update on the Blue Line Extension
- April 25, Mike Davis from Charlotte Department of Transportation discussed the Land Ordinance Alignment Initiative
- May 30, Ron Kimble from the City of Charlotte presented the Capital Investments Plan
- July 25, Barry Moose from the NC Department of Transportation presented an update on transportation projects in our region
- September 26, Jim Bartl and Heidi Pruess from Mecklenburg County discussed on LEED certified building incentives.
- October 31, Sandra Montgomery and Alan Goodwin from Charlotte Mecklenburg Planning Department gave an overview of the Zoning Ordinance Assessment.
- November 28, “How to save $$ with incentives”. Dale Gilmore from Boatsman Gillmore provided insight into a tax incentive for energy efficient design. Larry Airey from Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp will highlighted the Duke Energy Smart Saver incentive program.
- January 30, 2013: Debra Campbell, Planning Director for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Department gave an update on the Incentive Based Inclusionary Housing Initiative.
- The next committee meeting will be on June 19. Dave Canaan from Mecklenburg County and Jennifer Smith from the City of Charlotte will be presenting an update on the stormwater fee program. Todd Lanham from AT&T will also be talking to the group about a cell tower zoning ordinance.
Committee FAQs >>