Chamber Job Vacancies
If interested in applying for a position at the Charlotte Chamber, please download and complete the application. Forward the application, cover letter and resume to the email address specified on the job posting.
Download employment application here >>
The following opportunities are available (updated 5/7/18).
Social Media Intern
Reports to: Vice President of Brand
Overall Job Purpose: The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the chamber’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among members, the public, national and international economic development prospects.
- Work with Vice President of Brand to refine social media strategy and best practices
- Assist in managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) and engage them in brand activities
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be available for 25-30 hours a week
- A bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled student) in the liberal arts or equivalent work experience
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. HootSuite, Google Analytics)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of email marketing applications
- Résumé building experience in marketing, public relations and communications
- Compensation dependent upon level of experience plus parking stipend
Interested candidates send resume, references and any additional relevant collateral to Natalie Dick, Charlotte Chamber Vice President of Brand, at email@example.com. No calls, please.
- All Final Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.
- The hiring rate is negotiable based on the selected candidate's qualifications.
- Year Round - applications/resumes placed in active status for future vacancies for six months.
- Note: Equivalent Combination of Experience & Training is considered for all positions.
Applicants should respond by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.