Chamber Job Vacancies
If interested in applying for a position at the Charlotte Chamber, please download and complete the application. Forward the application, cover letter and resume to the email address specified on the job posting.
Download employment application here >>
The following opportunities are available (updated 10/12/17).
Reports to: VP of Brand
Interfaces with: Chamber staff, chamber print shop, members, advertising sales associates, outside printers/vendors, various constituencies and the public at-large.
General Position Description: Lead visual brand ambassador responsible for concept, design and production of chamber communications materials and graphic identity vision. Contributes to ongoing chamber communications implementation, chamber publications and divisional support as needed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, traffic, design and production of chamber communications materials, including, but not restricted to, programs, brochures, invitations, advertisements, logos, signs, banners, emails, business cards, electronic mediums, etc.
- Manage, and improve as necessary, processes for production of communications materials.
- Help identify budget and time reducing practices in the production of brand materials.
- Oversee and enforce chamber graphic standards, evaluating and updating - as necessary - the chamber’s graphic identity.
- Managing vendor and member branding on all internal and external communications as brands are revised and updated.
- Organizes, files and communicates to staff properly identified headshots, signatures, titles, bios, logos, company names, etc. of members and member organizations.
- Provide graphic support to the website, email templates and company app as needed.
- Maintain record of printed samples and invoices specific to Art Director specific orders.
- Act as general support to the Brand Division when needed.
- Serve as the liaison for chamber information printed out-of-house, ensuring best price and quality.
- Work with internal and external graphic designers regarding print capabilities and graphic standards to ensure a quality, brand-specific product.
- Support the chamber's Campaign by assisting volunteers that request information and by fulfilling direct requests made by the campaign staff.
- Responsible for publications and Research and ED materials to be completed with high quality, competitive designs. Will also contribute to the planning and production of said design collateral.
- Assist Director of New Media with photography selection and assigning photographers (external or internal) photo assignments and deadlines for company assets as time and other priorities allow.
- Continue design and communication research, making sure the latest and most appropriate tools (i.e.: Guidebook) are being used properly and efficiently to better improve member experience with the chamber.
- Help interpret collected data from a brand/marketing standpoint.
- Responsible for designing and producing Annual Report (Book of Work) and Roadmap annually.
- Handle other requests and projects that may be assigned by the VP Brand, COO, Chamber President and CEO.
Requirements: Mac and PC experience, proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, DreamweaverHTML and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with digital media production, animation and web design is a plus.
Applicants should respond by email to Natalie Dick at email@example.com
- All Final Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.
- The hiring rate is negotiable based on the selected candidate's qualifications.
- Year Round - applications/resumes placed in active status for future vacancies for six months.
- Note: Equivalent Combination of Experience & Training is considered for all positions.
Applicants should respond by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Charlotte Chamber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.