Chamber Job Vacancies
If interested in applying for a position at the Charlotte Chamber, please download and complete the application. Forward the application, cover letter and resume to the email address specified on the job posting.
Download employment application here >>
The following opportunities are available (updated 6/13/17).
Investment – Advertising Account Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Investment
Interfaces with: Chamber leadership, members, advertising prospects, community and chamber staff.
Objectives: Sell and create chamber advertising packages in order to meet or exceed annual advertising revenue goals.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed agreed-upon annual advertising sales revenue goals
- In conjunction with the Brand team evolve and grow the chamber’s suite of advertising products through web, digital and social and print media platforms
- Pursue partnerships and custom content opportunities with new advertisers
- Identify untapped markets of potential advertisers and create a marketing plan to reach them
- Perform market research to identify new, relevant advertising product opportunities and proper price points
- Establish one-on-one relationships with existing advertisers to ensure future renewals and upgrades in advertising dollars spent with the chamber
- Work with advertising agencies to uncover client pipeline and protect client/agency relationships
- Process all correspondence, artwork and contracts related to advertising sales
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective and existing advertisers
- Report metrics to prospective and existing advertisers in a timely manner to demonstrate value
- Respond to electronic lead inquiries
- Contact new members about using the new member discount to unassigned accounts
- Work cross-departmentally on fulfillment print, web, digital and social advertising when updates are needed
- Oversee development of the annual media kit and ensure it is updated as necessary
- Other duties as determined by the Chamber leadership
Skills and Qualifications :
- Genuine interest for Charlotte Chamber audience, subject matter and purpose, and a desire to help organizations/companies effectively reach our audience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business or related field
- 3 years experience of new business development in digital advertising, mobile, video or programmatic sales
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue goals
- Ability to think creatively and in a team environment
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- In-depth understanding of advertising artwork and copywriting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with CRM platforms, analyzing media trends and formulating actionable plans
- Previous chamber employment a plus
Evaluation of Job Performance:
Yearly Review with Chief Revenue Officer
Established by Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Financial Officer following Annual Review.
- All Final Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.
- The hiring rate is negotiable based on the selected candidate's qualifications.
- Year Round - applications/resumes placed in active status for future vacancies for six months.
- Note: Equivalent Combination of Experience & Training is considered for all positions.
Applicants should respond by email to: email@example.com.