Talent and Workforce Development
The Charlotte Chamber’s economic growth strategy prioritizes the enhanced development of the region’s talent pipeline to fuel business vitality. The significance of talent development and the alignment of our workforce ecosystem cannot be overstated. Growing economic opportunity requires that we equip our present and future talent with the knowledge and skills required for the jobs of today and tomorrow. In order to accomplish this objective we must have an integrated and cohesive talent and workforce ecosystem that aligns the Charlotte region’s tremendous resources to develop our greatest asset – the people.
Our talent and workforce development team convenes, connects and champions opportunity for all who do business in Charlotte.
Convene employers, educational institutions, training programs, and workforce agencies to address talent gaps and challenges. Identify opportunities to develop talent for high-talent need areas. Support effective and efficient coordinating of regional workforce development to fulfill market demands and clearly measure collective impact.
Connect and align stakeholder efforts that support talent and workforce development to create an ecosystem that all can access and navigate. Create and enhance partnerships that support a regional talent attraction and retention campaign.
Champion workforce readiness assets and development that promotes career ladders, educational attainment, and access to capital, resources and training. Focus resources to promote economic mobility for residents of all backgrounds and skill levels.
Our mission to convene, connect and champion talent includes work to:
- Align existing workforce pathways and foster new collaborative opportunities to close talent gaps with employers, workforce partners, and K-12/postsecondary education through our workforce committee and other convening bodies.
- Expand our Career Connection program to cultivate diverse, early-talent in target industries and professions.
- Broaden awareness of, and access to high quality college and workforce readiness pathways offered by K-12 and postsecondary education.
- Scale opportunities for work-based learning by working directly with employers to develop and strengthen apprenticeships, internships and other work-based learning experiences.
- Develop a talent ecosystem asset map that empowers people in our community to navigate entry and exit points for training, education and workforce development that supports a ladder of economic opportunity in the workforce.
- Foster professional development and engagement for young professionals, women and diverse, emerging leaders through the Diversity and Talent Development Fund
- Convene, in junction with key stakeholders, a workforce and talent symposium that serves as a catalyst for workforce system alignment, collective impact strategy development, promotion of our region’s talent pipeline, and development of policy recommendations.
Workforce Development and Education Committee meetings will be held at the Charlotte Chamber from 8:30 to 10 a.m. on the following dates:
June 20 click here for meeting materials >>
August 8 click here for meeting materials >>
We look forward to working with you together for Charlotte.
Talent Development and Workforce Staff:
Focus includes college to career professional and leadership development, and cultivation of a diverse and inclusive talent pipeline